Simplify and accelerate fibre network evolution with our universal next-generation PON approach
Nokia's universal next-generation PON approach converges several key NG-PON technologies into one solution. It lets you connect XG-PON1, XGS-PON or TWDM-PON optical network terminations using one line card and a platform that is already widely deployed for GPON. With their solution, you can make simple, flexible and efficient network upgrades to 10G and beyond.
Turn fibre into a value generator
Fibre network evolution isn't all about boosting bandwidth. To succeed in the long term, you need technologies that will help you generate more revenue, get more value from the network, and decrease your costs and risk. Nokia's universal next-generation approach addresses this need by allowing you to:
- Reuse your existing ISAM FX platform and outside plant
- Offer choice of 10G flavours (symmetrical, asymmetrical, fixed or tunable)
- Start with cost-efficient XGS-PON fixed optics
- Upgrade at a cost and pace that works for your business
- Automate and simplify deployment, maintenance, and evolution with Access Controller
By deploying their next-generation PON solution, you can open up new paths to efficiency, value, and growth, either on your own or in partnership with others.
When you upgrade your network, you need to choose technologies that will let you deliver competitive services and generate a good return on investment. You also need to balance short- and longer-term thinking. A wrong choice today could lead to an expensive forklift upgrade in the future.
Nokia's universal next-generation PON solution gives you the flexibility to overcome these challenges.
You can address current demand with XGS-PON technology that supports 10/10G and 10/2.5G bit rates using cost-effective non-tunable optics. This approach allows you to add wavelengths to existing fibre and generate revenue with premium 10G services.
Next, you can introduce TWDM-PON by adding tunable optics to existing access nodes. With TWDM-PON, you can increase bandwidth, streamline operations and facilitate co-investment.
Nokia can help you make a successful move to next-generation PON Our award-winning FTTH solutions have been deployed by more than 200 operators. They power some of the biggest and most advanced fibre networks in the world. We were the first to deliver 10G technologies over fibre, copper and cable, supported by innovations and expertise from their Bell Labs researchers. We are committed to leading the industry into the next-generation PON era, and to help you to get more value from your fibre network.
Why adopt universal next-generation PON?
- Comprehensive service convergence: Stop paying to run a separate network for each service. With Nokia's solution, you can converge business and backhaul services on your residential network. You can also assign each service to a separate wavelength and let it evolve at its own pace.
- Simpler co-investment and unbundling: Accelerate deployment by sharing the risk and cost of rolling out and operating a fibre network. Universal next-generation PON lets each operator have its own wavelength. This makes it an excellent solution for joint ventures, government-owned networks and unbundling scenarios.
- Wavelength mobility: Improve your efficiency by managing wavelength assignments from the central office. TWDM-PON enables you to move end-users to different wavelengths to rebalance bandwidth, prevent outages during upgrades, or reduce energy costs during off-peak hours.
PON features and benefits
- More scalable
- Address the growing demand for dynamic services with petabit-scale multilayer switching and networking. The Optical Networking portfolio uses super coherent technology that packs more 100G services into every transport equipment rack unit, wavelength and fibre.
- More efficient
- Make your network efficient by using the same optical transport platform for every application, fiber type, and reach. The 1830 photonic service switch meets all your optical transport needs. Nokia also simplifies optical networking with a unified management system and a resilient, multilayer control plane.
- More flexible
- Make service delivery more agile and minimize network TCO with a multilayer network that can accelerate time to revenue. The platforms leverage SDN architectures to harness the power of the most flexible and programmable optical network. Multilayer optical networking flexibility also gives you an economical means to get the most out of your network for every application and fibre type.
Ready to talk?
Are you looking for pricing details, technical information, support or a custom quote? Our team of experts in is ready to assist you.